Secretary General Pakistan Medical association Centre, Dr. S. M. Qaisar Sajjad today visited the hunger strike Camp of doctors at Karachi Press Club to show solidarity with the doctors on strike. On this occasion he stated that it is very unfortunate that the long standing problem of doctors of Sindh regarding their promotions has not been resolved even after the orders of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
Doctors are perturbed by the situation which is causing a lot of distress and unrest in the medical fraternity. Doctors are on hunger strike till death, but the attitude of Sindh Government is sorrowful and distressing.
It is absolutely painful to know a lot of doctors appointed in grade-17, could not get their due promotion and eventually either retired or passed away in the same grade. This alarming situation should not be allowed to persist and the Sindh Government must feel its responsibilities seriously.
PMA demands as follow:
- Sindh Doctors (General Cadre, Special Cadre, & Dental Surgeons) must be promoted immediately according to Honorable Supreme Court Orders with Notification and Postings from Board/DPC Date.
- The Retired Doctors since 07-8-2015 must be given Profarma Promotions as per orders of Honorable Supreme Court.
- The Families of Doctors who expired since 07-8-2015 must be given Benefits likewise Profarma Promotions similar to Retired Doctors.
- Time scale Promotions must be given to all doctors of Sindh with compensation of previous service period.
- Sindh Doctors must be given salaries and allowance equal to other provinces of Pakistan like Punjab, KPK and Balochistan.
We request the Honorable Supreme Court of Pakistan to strictly implement its orders regarding the promotions of doctors of Sindh.
Dr. S.M.Qaisar Sajjad
Pakistan Medical Association (Centre)